Homesickness

On my last trip I did not experience a single day of homesickness for two months. And suddenly, not even two full weeks into my trip I was missing home like crazy. Maybe it's because I was camping and there's not much to do but think. But I also think a lot of it has to do with the fact that last time I left the States with a lot of hate, confusion, anger, and determination flowing through my blood. But now, the only thing I'm full of is determination. I left a place full of people I love. And it finally started to get to me.

After the experiences in the sweat lodge, and in combination with the energy of Kalalau...I started having the most horrendous nightmares I've ever had in my life. Every night I would wake up near the point of tears. And all I wanted to do after the first few days was get to the next beach so I could get some phone service and call home. I just needed to hear my parents' voice.

During the day I was fine, staying busy exploring or reading and writing, but it's the night time...the night time was killing me.

~Little Blonde Traveler